Mother Nature is both kind and cruel. It is kind as it provides everything we need in the planet. It is cruel as it can create disasters which we could not fight against. And one of the natural disasters that threaten properties and lives is hurricane. In some places, there are even hurricane seasons every year. If you are living in a place that has hurricane season, you must do proper preparation to go through the hurricane season. Here are the different tips for hurricane season preparation.
- Inspect your house – Check if there are damaged parts of your house. Some parts might also be deteriorated. These parts will make your home vulnerable during hurricane season. You need to repair these areas and make sure that your house is ready to withstand the hurricane season. You can find the best wind mitigation inspection services cost Orlando FL professionals near you.
- Stock water and food – It is often impossible for people to go out of their house during hurricane season. In order to survive inside the house, stock sufficient water and food supply. Make sure the food is easy to prepare and can be eaten without cooking. The supply should be sufficient to make you and your family last throughout the season.
- Prepare first-aid kit – First aid kits are important. Medicines for cold, flu, diarrhea and other common diseases especially for diseases common during hurricanes should be stock in sufficient amount. Bandages and even water disinfectant or purifier are also included.
- Get batteries, flashlight and radio or phone – You need a radio and batteries in order to know the latest weather news and updates during the hurricane season. A working phone is also necessary to contact 911 or anyone if you need help.
- Know the evacuation rescue process of the local government – The local government always have an evacuation plan as well as emergency personnel available for rescue missions. You need to know how to contact them for emergency situations and what the proper evacuation plan is in case you need to evacuate.
- Tune in on the news – As the hurricane season is fast approaching, you need to stay updated with the weather report. This will help you be aware of the current situation and not get caught unprepared by the hurricane.
- Be cautious during hurricane season – Even if it is a hot sunny day, as long as it is the hurricane season, you need to be very cautious. Do not go outside unless necessary. Make sure to get the latest weather update before leaving. And go home promptly.
Now you are fit to go through the hurricane season with all these preparations. Read here for indoor air quality testing.